Monday, September 2, 2013

Reflections on Week 1!

1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class?      Access to a computer? Mobile/smart phone? Transportation? Friends/Family? Schedule?

* In the beginning of the year I was nervous about this class once again because I walked in not knowing anybody. Now I'm confident I'll do well as long as I do my work and don't procrastinate.Besides that, I have total access to a computer, smart phone, transportation, schedule, and great friends/family to help me when I'm struggling.

2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? What  happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or  remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening?

*An awesome learning experience that changed me was working at Subway this summer. I have been working with my parents in our family business sense I was 8 so getting an official job was great. It taught me how to be more responsible and I realized I was capable of doing things that I never thought I could. I was able to learn the whole routine in less then a week. I was under a lot of pressure which got me to do an even better job. I enjoyed the fact that my family would randomly come in and see how I was doing and support me. My family and friends are what kept me motivated and helped me not give up and always try my best. I learned how to deal with customers and how to try and keep them satisfied. There were times when I struggled because I would be very nervous and was scared I would mess up, but even the people that would go in would put a smile on my face and compliment me and say I was doing a great job and to just take my time. I guess what I learned from my time working at Subway was that you can do great things and make peoples day as long as you're always happy and not serious and in a bad mood all the time. It felt great seeing customers come back and them wanting for me to attend them. We need each other in this world to be successful, to feel accomplished, and just to have them there for support and encourage you to keep doing what you're doing.

3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning? How do you think it can/ will make a practical difference in your life?

*What I'm most excited about in this class is getting to do all the amazing projects and learning to do more incredible things on the internet. I learned a lot in this class last year and it just always had me thinking and encouraged me to do even better on my next projects. This class is making a huge difference in my life because it is teaching me how to learn from modern technology and not stick to the old material which would be textbooks. My vocabulary has expanded throughout the time I've been in this class and I don't use many basic words as I used to. I appreciate the fact that I received the opportunity to once again be taught by the great Dr. Preston and am looking forward to the challenges that will come up in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment